Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Like Big Beards and I Cannot Lie...

So, after the last post about Breaux Bridge, I happened to find myself on the Breaux Bridge Chamber of Commerce website and wowee, did I discover an amazing tradition. Apparently 50 years ago for the Breaux Bridge Centennial celebration, all the men in town grew out their beards. Well now for their sesquicentennial (150 years) celebration, they are resurrecting the contest and are encouraging all the men of Breaux Bridge to stop shaving. There's even prizes.....first place will garner you a fancy new belt buckle, second place a shaving kit, and third place a free haircut. The criteria for judging will be luster, grooming and difficulty. But hurry - final judging will take place at the celebration on September 12th so c'mon guys, get growin'!

Photo by garryknight

No comments:

Post a Comment