Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Louisiana Man Running for Denver School Board

Doug Kershaw, famous fiddler of the 60s and 70s gained notoriety with his song "Louisiana Man" but now he's making news for something other than music...politics. According to the Denver Post, Kershaw, 73, has decided to run for Greeley-Evans School District 6 School Board in Denver. Kershaw, who is the son of an alligator hunter and was raised in a home where Cajun French was spoken said he didn't learn English until he was 8 and when asked about the state of the school system he wants to represent, he says "I know I can do some good and bring some common sense to this system. And if people don't see it my way, well then, I'll come down, bring my fiddle and we'll come up with some answers." More here at denverpost.com

Photo by Nuevo Anden

No comments:

Post a Comment