Monday, September 21, 2009

2-3 Was The Best We Could Be

Every week starting sometime in the 80's, I watch for the football scores to come in, like millions of other folks. But I mainly watch for the results of UL, LSU, and the Saints...like thousands of other folks do. It has become a bit of an obsession (hey the first step is being able to admit it) that all three teams win, thus going 3 for 3. When that happens, I feel like I'm going to have a good week. Now, think back citizens, the 80's, and 90's were not kind to the three teams in question. I've had a lot...and I mean, A LOT, of bad weeks over the last three decades. But, maybe things are turning around. UL and LSU both opened their season with victories, and last week the Saints chipped and I got my trifecta. It's not a real trifecta. I don't actually bet. It's just for my peace of mind. Now, this past week left me with a dilemma because UL and LSU played each other. Still, the Saints came in with another victory, and we achieved the best outcome possible. Sometimes 2 out of three is all you can do. I'll take it! Now, I can watch that Hoarders show on A&E tonight with a slight air of superiority. Those guys are nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment