Wednesday, August 26, 2009

UL Fall Semester

So, the first day of school was quite busy! I only had 4 classes, but 2 of them are each 2 hours long. In addition to that, my day just starts out really early. 8 o'clock AM. Once my classes ended, I got to spend a lot of money on books and art supplies! It was really fun getting to pick out the different charcoal and graphite pencils, conte sticks, erasers, and sketchbooks that I'll be using for my drawing and design classes. The only negative "issue" that occurred was the fact that people parked in my parking zone WITHOUT a parking permit! I pay 45 dollars a semester for a parking spot which I did not get to park in. I hope they all get tickets. Besides the inconvenience, my day was great. I love my classes, the teachers, and everything.

Day two. I had one class today which was Honors seminar. On normal days, we vote on a certain topic and the next class period, they'll have someone come in and give a presentation about the topic we chose. Today, we didn't have topics chosen so the class was rather boring and we got out 20 minutes early. I bought even more art supplies and a text book. I hate how books are so expensive! Even the used ones are way over-priced.

Olivia Melancon is from Lafayette and a first time freshman at ULL. She is documenting her experiences here in a special series for The Daily Meaux

No comments:

Post a Comment