Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why Must We Choose?

Much like the counter programming the major television networks engage in i.e. Top Chef airing at the same time as Chopped, or the baseball playoffs at the same time Project Runway plays (lawd, I love my stories!), today, we have two great sources of Acadiana pride (this season at least) going tete a tete in the same block of afternoon hours.

I don't think it's much of a secret that our New Orleans' football Saints are taking on the New York Giants today in the Superdome. Kickoff at 12 noon cst, game expected to end anywhere from 3-5 p.m. Both teams are undefeated and each represent the others toughest opponent to date. Should be a great game. No way am I missing it save for natural disaster or some type of catastrophic accident befalling a family member (just dial 911, they're better at handling that type of thing then I'll ever be. I'll check the late game then get to the hospital as soon as I can, unless there's sudden death.....the game or yours).

However, Cajunfun.com has alerted me that renowned author Ernest Gaines will appear at a book signing today at Dupre' Library on the UL campus from 2-4 p.m. for his new coffee-table book: "This Louisiana Thing That Drives Me". Check that out here. Let your conscious be your guide, remembering that Mr Gaines would probably prefer his book signing not be overrun with drunken, yet literate Saints fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment