Saturday, January 2, 2010

Listen Up Youngins!

I know it will shock and amaze some of you when I say this, but I have found some wisdom, indeed, some actual wise folks, live and are born ......outside of Louisiana. Like you, my first inclination is to repel the aliens with a stick of some sort. However, with the skyrocketing price of sticks these days, I've opted to begin listening to the outsiders instead. Sure enough, one such wise dude is Danny Barnes, musician extraordinaire, and blogger. He recently posted his thoughts on how to make a living playing music. He breaks it down to where even I could understand. And, from my limited experience, he gets it exactly right. With so many musicians here in Acadiana I thought it would be a good link to share. Plus, it gives me an excuse to post a a video of Mr. Barnes plying his trade. From the article:
if you don't have the music where you want it art-wise, you might want to go work on that, this article isn't going to help you much either. you will be better off by practicing and studying and working on your music instead. you will need to get the art pretty close to where you want it, before you should worry about making much of a living out of it.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment